Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC
The ordinance comes into force from May 25, 2018. and will replace the current Law on the protection of personal data. The Regulation applies only to personal data of individuals.
The most important changes:
- Citizens’ rights in the field of data protection: the administrator’s information obligation and a new form of consent for the processing of personal data, the right of access to the citizen’s data and the possibility of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing and opposition to data processing
- Assessment of the effects of data processing
- New control institutions for the processing of personal data and sanctions for the lack of proper data protection and the unjustified purpose of personal data processing.
We recommend, at the outset, every entrepreneur’s internal recognition in the field of administering personal data by answering the following short questions:
1) What data is processed?
2) Where do the data come from?
3) What entitles you to use this data?
4) Is the data shared with someone if so who?
5) How are personal data protected?
The lawyers of our Law Firm conduct training in the scope of new provisions on the protection of personal data and indicate how to implement proper safeguards for personal data